"We have never been called to define God, we have been called to behold Him." - Abraham Joshua Heschel

Moment in Time Photography - Blog

September 02, 2008

Troy is offically supply teaching (the same 3 classes) for the next 2 weeks (at least, maybe longer) at the high school he was at last year, which is a HUGE blessing. As we thought it would be at least a week or two before he got any work (there was a restructuring of teachers). So the fall routine has started in our house. The school bus stopped outside our hosue today, not realizing that Anthony is in J.K and therefore doesn't start until Thursday. It threw me for a loop. I KNOW he wasn't supposed to go today but still, seeing that big yellow bus pull up, stop and then honk (as we were not waiting for it). He's a big kid now! But I think I have convinced him to actually get on it on Thursday and that I will follow it to school in our car (seeing as I have to be there for the morning anyway!)

Friends were going to the beach again today, sort of one last swimming spree before the end of summer (or at least the start of school). I wasn't really sure I wanted to go with them (1 mommy, 3 kids, TONS of sand toys and diapers and blankets and.....didn't think it was a good idea) but, seeing as everyone in my house was awake by 6:30am and it already felt like a full day had passed and it wasn't even 8:45, I decided that we too would go to the beach. (That and it was SUPER hot and humid in town and those that read my blog on a regular basis will know that I DON'T do HOT and HUMID very well...read "one cranky, impaient mommy') SO...to the beach we went and it was what this little family needed. I had SO SO SO much fun just playing with the two older kids, building sandcastles and 'belly slamming' Anthony into the waves (cuz it was really wavey today, which is unusual for this beach). Owen slept the WHOLE 2.5 hours we were there. It was GREAT and much needed to get down and have fun with the big kids. They played nicely with their friends and Sabrina (mommy to the other kids) and I actually got to goof off and horse around in the water too (read: splashing and pushing and getting eachother VERY wet!) I am so thankful that God blesses me with days like today when I am at the end of my rope and just can't seem to get out of the rut I am stuck in. He is so gracious and I am one thankful mommy tonight.

As I write this, the kids are out with Daddy and the wind is blowing a nice cool breeze with the promise of less humidity and heat tomorrow. The baby is sleeping (er....I take that back, baby is SCREAMING), the kitchen is clean and all is well.

Hoping that all is well in your lives tonight also. Blessings!

No comments: