"We have never been called to define God, we have been called to behold Him." - Abraham Joshua Heschel

Moment in Time Photography - Blog

September 29, 2008

Somedays...

Somedays I:

don't want to load and unload the dishwasher, only to have to load it again
lose my patience on a regular basis (read, every 3 minutes)
am shocked by the amount of laundry a family of 5 can generate
don't care about dinner and the kids eat popcorn (or poptarts or cereal or um icing, with cupcakes)
say no simply because it is easier than saying yes
feel so close to God
am so not who I want to be
take my kids on amazing adventures
remember that it's not all about me
struggle with anger
get very frustrated with everything
am so filled with joy and happiness that it spills onto everyone
am a good friend
miss having my best friend around
feel lonely and sad
get tired of always picking up/putting away/cleaning
laugh so hard at my kids, cuz they are really funny
eat too much ice cream and brownies (especailly when I've just made a batch!)
long to be closer to God
remember to read my Bible
forget to apply what I've read to my life
waste too much time on the computer/in front of the t.v
am a photographer
am a sewer
am a teacher
am a referee
forget the reason I do all this
don't care that my house looks like the toy box has puked
it drives me NUTS
long for my kids to be older
wish they could stay little for always
grow weary
just want to hide in my room and have the world go on without me
have so much fun with my family
worry too much
get tired of saying the same things over and over and over again
remember what this life is all about

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Amen! May you find true joy in the "sometimes" moments of your days.

Love the new banner :)

Lezlie said...

Your transparency and honesty is beautiful. Know that you're not alone in your struggles of motherhood :)

You should read your entry at MOPS. It may be stretching, but I think others would appreciate hearing your all-too-common joys and struggles.

Have a great evening...

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Wow - how well I related to all of this. Every.single.word! :) I may have to make a list of my own, it is such a good look into the life of a mommy. :)