"We have never been called to define God, we have been called to behold Him." - Abraham Joshua Heschel

Moment in Time Photography - Blog

January 27, 2011

Rest

My mom came on Sunday.

She's here until Friday night.

I have needed this.

This break, this help, this gift of time.

She has blessed me with a break, with the ability to not HAVE to d throughout the day and I am grateful.

Troy and I got to take just Anthony out for dinner on Tuesday night, it was so much fun and such a special treat for our oldest (who too often gets lost in the shuffle!)

Last night just my mom and I went out to see the movie 'The King's Speech' - really really really good. But beyond that, it was so nice just to hang out with my mom, without the kids.

Sometimes, in the midst of everything I forget just how blessed I am and how much I have to be thankful for. There is no concrete reason for me to feel the way I do, yet I do. And it's ok.

It's not ok to stay here, in the dark, in the fog, in the nothing. But it's ok to walk through it. To trust that there is a light on the path at some point, that God has a purpose for this in my life, at this moment.

It's not easy. Not. at. all.

But I am learning, slowly.

And this week has been needed.

More needed than I realized. And I am so incredibly thankful and grateful and words just cannot even begin to express that.

No comments: