"We have never been called to define God, we have been called to behold Him." - Abraham Joshua Heschel

Moment in Time Photography - Blog

January 21, 2011

Grace Notes

The body of Christ, reaching out, loving.

It is humbling to watch the family of God work.

I am so thankful for friends who hold me and pray for me, reach out and help - even when I don't know how to tell them what I need. Because if I knew what would help, I would ask, but I don't and I sometimes (often times) feel guilty for asking (which is ridiculous, I know!).

Today was God's mercy and love poured out through a number of wonderful, loving women. I thank God for each and everyone of them. They prayed for me, they offered help with anything, they loved me and I needed that reminder that I'm not alone, that there are many many people who DO care and WILL help.

I told one friend that she probably shouldn't ask if she could help, but that she should just stop by or tell me she is coming (because if given the chance, I would probably say no.....)

But I am learning to say yes. Learning that most people truly don't mind. Again though, the fog of darkness likes to whisper that I'm not worth their time, and when the darkness is all you can see, it is easy to believe and then the hold tightens.

I wish I knew what made one day worse than another. But today - though hard, was a blessing. I was reminded that I am cared for, which is easy to forget in the midst of a darkness which closes me off and tries to isolate. Because depression does that. It tells you you are on your own, that no one understands, and when I am in the middle of it, it is easy to believe that to be true.

1 comment:

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

The body of Christ = AMAZING!

I am so glad for you - that you are experiencing the comfort of our Father through His people...

Praying for you much.