"We have never been called to define God, we have been called to behold Him." - Abraham Joshua Heschel

Moment in Time Photography - Blog

January 29, 2011

Refuge


"When my heart was embittered
And I was pierced within,
Then I was senseless and ignorant;
I was like a beast before You.
Nevertheless I am continually with You;
You have taken hold of my right hand.
With Your counsel You will guide me,
And afterward receive me to glory.

Whom have I in heaven but You?
And besides You, I desire nothing on earth.
My flesh and my heart may fail,
But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
For, behold, those who are far from You will perish;
You have destroyed all those who are unfaithful to You.
But as for me, the nearness of God is my good;
I have made the Lord God my refuge,
That I may tell of all Your works.

Psalm 73:21-28

Working on memorizing this. 

It's a great reminder of Truth on the days when it's hard. When I would rather not. When life seems chaotic.

God's Truth. 

It settles, fills with hope, brings peace and perspective.

Happy weekend my friends. 
May it be filled with wonder and glory in the midst of life. 
His wonder, 
His glory.

1 comment:

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Memorization has had a huge impact on my life! I love this passage too - I might just join you.

Love the picture (there's just some thing so timeless and classy about black and white...).