"We have never been called to define God, we have been called to behold Him." - Abraham Joshua Heschel

Moment in Time Photography - Blog

December 15, 2008

This morning I am happy, content and filled with peace. Today my friends is a snowday. School boards have shut down, MOPS has been cancelled and the world outside my window is white. Really REALLY REALLY White cold, but white and I am planning on enjoying it to the fullest today. Tomorrow, everything will be back to *normal* and the roads will have been plowed (all of them, not just the *important* ones) and the magic of the snow will have woren off.

But today, today my friends it is magical out there. The toys that had been left in my backyard are burried for good until spring, you cannot tell where the driveway ends and the road starts (or at least, you couldn't about 5 minutes ago before the plow went by....our road is an *important* road as it is the only way in or out of our subdivision).

I LOVE weather like this. This is one reason why I moved here. To fully enjoy the snow. Cuz seriously, if it snowed this much in Toronto, they would have to call in the army (again) to help them clear it all and people would be stressing. Very little stress about the snow here.

The snow has also managed to do something else. We had to cancell MOPS which means I have gotten out of sharing today. I know I will need to at somepoint in the new year, and I am O.K with that, but today, today I will be able to keep my breakfast down and not end up in tears. I am thankful for that as well. It gives me more time to prepare, to listen to what He wants me to share. And I am very very thankful for that.

Well my friends, the children are up (wathcing t.v but up) and they will be shortly clamouring for breakfast. Enjoy the snow and the magic that it brings and may God fll your week with blessings and joy.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Well - looks like the snow saved the day ... :)

Enjoy your day and may your week be filled with GREAT things!!