"We have never been called to define God, we have been called to behold Him." - Abraham Joshua Heschel

Moment in Time Photography - Blog

December 09, 2008

Randomness

Cooling off Owen's food

My little mommy.
She tries to help and longs to help so badly that I find that I am letting her do more and more when it comes to her little brother. She is pretty good about being gentle, although this morning, she did try to put the WHOLE spoon in his mouth rather than just the food that was on it.
But then she realized that she didn't really need to try and put the handle in his mouth as well and it was all good!

What? Oh you wanted me to smile!
So, this coming Monday, at MOPS, it is Tea and Testimony. And guess who gets to share? Yup, that would be me. Don't really want to (the whole public speaking thing kinda freaks me out). But, our group is small and as a result, I am one of the only ones left who has yet to share (and I have been putting it off for 3 years so it is *time*, if there is ever a time for these things!) Just the thought of it makes the butterflies start fluttering and my heart start beating about 100 times faster! Besides, what do I say?? (I know I know, that's not really an excuse, becuase I DO know what I can say.....) It could be a *fun* (cough cough) morning..... But there will be good food (not that I'll be able to eat any of it.....) but God calls us to share our walk and that is what I will attempt, through His grace and strength, to do.
Alexandra just spent the last 2 hours playing with the big stuffed christmas bear we have. She took it for a walk, fed it a snack and just played. All by herself. I just sat and listened and occassionally peeked around the corner of the kitchen to see what she was doing. Two hours. I am truly amazed by her creativity some days. Her playing like that gave me a chance to bake becuase Owen has happy to sit in the jumperoo and jsut watch what his sister was doing.
Today has been an incredibly awesome day and I am so very thankful for the fact that I was up LOTS last night, it gave me a chance to *be still* and I am feeling the lasting effects of that today. God's blessings still amaze me.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Your daily pursuit of being the mom & wife God has created you to be inspires me - and your honesty keeps me coming back to read more!

Blessings to you blogger friend :)