"We have never been called to define God, we have been called to behold Him." - Abraham Joshua Heschel

Moment in Time Photography - Blog

January 15, 2009

'Title'.... :)

Today is the first time in a really long time (like since before Owen was born) that I have curled up on the couch in the middle of the day and vegged in front of the t.v. I ignored the baskets full of clean laundry that need to get put away, the dishes that need a home (because seriously, the dishwasher really isn't their permanant residence....it just feels like it lately), and the quilt I am indulging Anthony with (he wants an airplane quilt....complete with 3 1/2 inch squares and an appliqued airplane w/mouse pilot...)and I laid there and watched t.v mindlessly for an hour. And you know what? It was GREAT! And now that I have pulled my lazy self off the couch, I am (of course) blogging!

Sabrina offered to come pick up Alexandra, Owen and I so that we could make it to the playschool at our church. It's the first time since Sept that I've made it (being a one vehical family sucks sometimes) and Alexandra had a blast and guess what....she's napping!!! That in and of itself is reason to keep going back as she is in the process of phasing out the nap (and this momma ain't ready for that!)

The past few days have just been really really good. Yesterday the kids and I braved REALLY COLD weather (it was something like -40 degrees celcius with wind) to go to the library for storytime. They LOVE it SOOOOO much and I wanted to get out of the house (cuz seriously, this cold is here to stay and I realize I live in northern ontario but good grief, my nose hairs should NOT freeze the INSTANT I open the front door!) So, despite the disbelief of Troy, we went to the library and had fun!

I love how God gives me days that are easy and filled with happiness and fun. They are great reminders that His mercies truly are new every morning. I mean yesterday, I even got to go to the grocery store BY MYSELF. (that's a big deal in this hosue!)

Little things, like sharing over coffee with friends, reading the kids library books for an hour while curled up under blankets on the couch, not letting the fact that Alexandra missed the bowl COMPLETELY while cracking an egg yesterday bother me or watching Owen try to climb all over me to get the toy just out of his reach all are total evidences of God in my life and I love it. I am so filled with His presence today, and that has seriously been missing for a while. It is amazing how it makes me feel like a new person. :)

I can't believe today is already Thursday. This week has just flown by and...the best news, my mom gets to come visit in a month!! So excited!!!

No comments: