"We have never been called to define God, we have been called to behold Him." - Abraham Joshua Heschel

Moment in Time Photography - Blog

January 05, 2009

Sunday

Sunday we woke up to snow, and a fair amount of it at that. Thankfully Troy decided to shovel part of the driveway before he walked to work so that I could get out in the car to take the kids to church.

Sunday started off great.

Sunday Anthony, Alexandra and I played in the snow before church while Owen napped.

Sunday I got locked out of my house while going to start the van so it would have a chance to warm up. This is the 2nd time a sweet child of mine has locked me out of the house.

Sunday I nearly got projectile vomited on. Alexandra has taken to throwing up when she gets upset (and she was upset because I got mad at her for locking me out of the house....)

Sunday I DID NOT want to drag my three lovely children to church by myself. And frankly, I'm not sure why I did. After cleaning up the puke I was ready to curl up and cry and not go anywhere.

Sunday I got into the van, drove to church, sang worship songs, dropped my kids off at sunday school/nursery and listened to a message that I REALLY needed to hear.

Sunday I cried, I prayed, I was convicted, I was forgiven and I was very very very thankful that I did, in fact, go to church.

Sunday I felt like God was speaking straight to this wayward heart with the message about Grace (His grace and the grace we show others) and anger from the book of Jonah.

* * * *
I was so glad that I took the kids out of the house when all I really wanted was to hide from the world. It has been a long time since a sermon has impacted me as much as the one Kevin preached on Sunday did. I'm not even sure I can articulate what it was that struck me, I just know that it was what I desperately needed to hear. I love how God works. And despite the fact that I don't like crying in public (the whole vulnerability thing) it was very much needed and such a release. God is SO good and I am overflowing with thankfulness.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Sunday God knew what you needed & I'm thankful that you were willing to listen & meet with Him!

Blessings -

Anonymous said...

Katie... I am glad that God encouraged you Sunday. I thought you might be encouraged by Anthony Carter's blog this past week - called "A Mother's Reasonable Worship." It can be found at ... http://epointchurch.org/blog/
Look at the January 5th blog.
Thanks for seeking to worship God in your mothering!
Kevin