"We have never been called to define God, we have been called to behold Him." - Abraham Joshua Heschel

Moment in Time Photography - Blog

May 07, 2009

Sitting here tonight, watching the fullish moon make its way across the night sky and praising God for His marvelous creation.

I am so blessed to live in a country where I have the freedom, at night, to sit in my backyard and look up at the heavans. To watch the stars and moon trace their path across the sky. Guided by the same Hand that guides my life. It fills me with awe and love and joy.

Anthony asked me today why some kids always hear bombs and guns. I don't know where the question came from, but I told him that some kids live in places where there is always war, where they aren't safe to run and play and climb in dirt during the day. I am SO thankful that my kids can. I pray that war is not something they will ever have to *know* or experience. Anthony said that he wanted to bring those kids to his house so they could play.

My sweet, compassionate boy, brought tears to my eyes today. His love and care for those around him amazes me sometimes.

* * * * * * * *

Somedays I wonder what the point to this is. To the endless diapers and breaking up of the fights and the constant whining and the dishes and the laundry and the........ But God has placed me in this spot, this season, for a reason. I am here to bring glory to God in my actions and words, to teach my kids about who He is. To live life with His joy and His peace and His love.

But honestly, sometimes that doesn't feel like enough.

I pray that it will be enough. (For it IS enough, my heart and head just don't always agree)

That I will not be striving for things that He isn't wanting for me at this moment. That I will listen to His leading, to that still, small voice that whispers in my soul.

Tonight His blessing upon me is the clear sky. The beauty of the moon and the stars as they dance through the night. This afternoon, it was the way the storm clouds rolled in across the blue sky, filling it was clumbs of grey and whisps of white. Last night, it was the lightening and the thunder when I fed Owen at 3:30am.

My heart has always rejoiced in nature. It is there that I feel the closest to my Creator. Where His beauty and majesty and power shine through in everything.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Wonderful thoughts. I am sure our Lord is pleased to you that in your quiet moments, you are praising Him, honoring Him, and loving Him.

Many blessings-
Amanda