"We have never been called to define God, we have been called to behold Him." - Abraham Joshua Heschel

Moment in Time Photography - Blog

May 31, 2009

Not too Swift

Lately, like over the last 3 months, God has been working through a bunch of different stuff in my life. And it's been really really cool. Hard, trying, and draining but really really cool!
(When God works, and we let Him, how can it NOT be cool?)

I've noticed that I will *stumble* across a verse in my reading, or a song with a truth in it that I didn't notice before, or just something. And over the coruse of the week (or month) the same theme keeps appearing. The sermons preached at my church on the Sundays....

COMPLETELY related to the theme I'd been working through with God for that whole past week....it's a little creepy, but really really cool.

I'll give you an example from where I'm at right now:

This past week, I have been reading 1 John, 2 John and 3 John. Just *randomly* decided that 1 John was where I was going to start this week. The theme?? Love.

Today at church? Well, we have been going slowly through the book of Romans (sin)which is where I expected to be this morning. But yeah Kevin preached from.....

1 Timothy 1:5

Take a *wild* guess as to what that verse says........

Ready for it?

It's gonna be a shocker!

"But the goal of our instruction is love from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith" 1 Timothy 1:5

Apparently I didn't just *stumble* upon 1 John and start reading it this week. Seems like this is where God is leading me now.
Maybe I need to be hit over the head with things for them to sink in! It also doesn't seem like sutble is in my vocabulary when it comes to change :)
I am LOVING how God is working. There is NO room for doubt in my mind that the topics that come up as *coinsidence* are most definately NOT.
It fills me with JOY to know that God cares enough about my struggles, my sin, to make His point PERFECTLY clear. To show me the areas that I need to work on, the areas that are surrounded in sin, the areas that aren't reflecting Christ like they should.
It's been a wild 3 months and I can't wait to see what God has in store for the next 3!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Love this!! God is so faithful and I love it when He shows up right when we need to hear from Him. The key is being open to listening ... and then acting Huh?! :)

God is doing GREAT things in and through you ... it's obvious!