"We have never been called to define God, we have been called to behold Him." - Abraham Joshua Heschel

Moment in Time Photography - Blog

October 27, 2008

Waters of Thankfulness

There is something about water that has always filled me with peace. I don't know what it is but I LOVE the water. So there was no better way for us to spend Thanksgiving morning than at a beach in Toronto. It was wonderful. I love the sound of the waves as they break against the shore, the way the sunlight sparkles off the top of the water, the smell of the beach. All of it makes for one very happy momma! It's one of the reasons I swim, there's something to be said about diving into the water and being able to forget about everything, having the water wash over you as you swim. It's my favourite place to pray as my mind holds onto nothing when I swim, I can just 'be still' and listen. I love it. If I'm grumpy or worried or frustrated, I need the water, it's how God has wired me and I'm not sure I could ever live somewhere that didn't have easy access to water. I am hoping to be able to instill a love of the water into my kids so that they enjoy it as much as I do.



My mom and dad, Anthony and Alexandra

This morning was hard. The kids were up far too early and it took Anthony close to 2 hours to finish 5 pieces of chicken nuggets for breakfast (he had refused to eat for dinner last night, and he LIKES chicken). We had a rough start to the day, but then we ran up to the store, bought apples and popsicle sticks came home, had friends over and made caramel apples. That was fun! The day is turning a corner. There were even some flakes of snow in the air today was we walked. Sleepign children are not sleeping (though they should be) so I must go and be a Mommy once again. Somedays I get so weary.....thankful that my God never leaves me and that He provides the strength to make it through the days.

1 comment:

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

I love your pictures! Photos as well as word pictures.