"We have never been called to define God, we have been called to behold Him." - Abraham Joshua Heschel

Moment in Time Photography - Blog

December 07, 2010

Thank You!!

I was humbled yesterday by the sweet generosity of a lady I barely know. It touched me that she was willing to reach out and help our family, gifting us the way she did. (THANK YOU!!)

I was reminded too, by how God truly does work through everyone, in every season, to teach us more and more of His truth so that it may settle like a blanket in our soul.

This season is not easy, but, as I mentioned to a friend yesterday, if it were easy I am not sure that I would give the credit and glory to God. If it were easy, I'm not sure the lessons I am learning would stick, would change my life for the better. . . my friend jokingly said that God should give us an *easy* button. And you know what? He has. Trusting Him, letting Him be in control.

Trusting that He will work it all out, in His perfect timing, in His way.

He loves us and His plans will never hurt us. It might be painful, it might be difficult, but it will never harm us.

Yesterday's surprise, was a glimpse, a reminder, of what happens when we truly surrender and trust God (instead of just voicing it with our mouths and not letting that trust work it's way to our actions and heart!)

No comments: