"We have never been called to define God, we have been called to behold Him." - Abraham Joshua Heschel

Moment in Time Photography - Blog

December 02, 2010

It was Humorous...

I had a meeting today, one I in which I didn't really want to talk. Now, the person I was talking to is pretty smart (and knows me well enough to know what to ask) and asked what I would say if I was the one asking questions, trying to encourage someone to open up.

NO FAIR! Is all I have to say!! (I think there should be something against turning the tables like that!)

So I sat there, and sat there and finally snickered a little and finally answered with:

"Well, I'd tell them that it's o.k to talk, to let the words come because sometimes it is easier to process emotions and struggles when they are said out loud."

And was answered with "So, then maybe we should talk?"  (Grrrr.......! but I did, eventually!)

And it's true. There are times when I will go to say something and it gets caught against that cold, fist of fear clinging. But if I can only choke out enough words, I soon realize that the sharing is what allows me to move past the point where I'm at.

It allows me to trust God and flee the lies that Satan will whisper to the secret places of my heart.

It is not the speaking of the words I have to fear. It is the remaining silent, the listening to the lies, the hiding away in hopes that maybe it will all work itself out on its own.

But God created us for community, gave us people to lean on, to trust, to lead us and lift us when we fear we are falling and stuck.

Although, sometimes the sharing gets caught because the words are not just about me, and it is hard to know what to say when there are others in the midst of the struggles and feelings with you.

Thankful, this first week of Advent, for the wonderful, amazing God. This God who changes hearts and lives, and works in ways that I cannot fathom, to prove His love for us.

Who whispers our worth to Him in the quiet, Who fills the sky with a rainbow to remind me of His promises (when it's what I needed to see right then).

He loves me (and you!) and longs for us to fall before Him in reverance, awe, worship and love.

I am thankful that I am His, that He loves me and created me and knows my heart inside and out!

It is my prayer that if you do not know that this Advent, this Christmas, that God will wow you with the most incredible gift of His Son.

No comments: