"We have never been called to define God, we have been called to behold Him." - Abraham Joshua Heschel

Moment in Time Photography - Blog

December 12, 2010

Mighty God!

Mighty God.

Who, more often than not, chooses to display His might through

Grace, Mercy and Compassion.

Rather than raining down fire from on high.

Today's sermon, was good (Isaiah 9: 6-7 He shall be called.....Mighty God). Although, lately, they have all been speaking (quite loudly) to my heart. Encouraging, convicting, drawing me closer to Him.

Mighty God.

In the form of a babe. 

So does that affect the way I live MY life?? Because if it doesn't, it sure should!

Point after point today, struck me. Do I ask God to rain fire from heaven when I have been offended? When I feel He has been offended? Or do I let Him display grace and mercy through my actions?

And a comment from a friend? "Waiting on the Lord isn't doing nothing. It's an action. It is not sitting passively by watching."

Truth speaking.

I am thankful and humbled that God chooses to work through our weaknesses so that His Glory and Might may be displayed. It makes me long to become more weak, so that He may be seen all the more.

No comments: