"We have never been called to define God, we have been called to behold Him." - Abraham Joshua Heschel

Moment in Time Photography - Blog

August 30, 2009

So Long Summer

I've been at work for 3 days now, I'm babysitting two little girls. And it has been wonderful. It's amazing how much smoother my day goes when I actually get my butt out of bed BEFORE my kids to spend some time in the bible and prayer.

I'm not very good at remembering, but I know I need to, and especially with a little more chaos added to the days.

And I have been blessed for it, already! I love how I feel and how my day flows and how it's easier for me to stop and remember to refocus on Him when I have started my day in His presence.

I long to be more disciplined when it comes to spending time in God's Word and taking the time to pray over my family and the day.

* * * * *

Troy goes back to work tomorrow, and Anthony starts school on Wednesday.

So summer is offically finished and we are into the routines of fall!

4 comments:

EMILY G. said...

I love this post! thanks for sharing!

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

I can relate so much.... and being disciplined enough to be consistent has been a struggle for me. I am not a morning person, but oh how I need my time alone with him...

You are so right. My day goes better by far when my priorities are right - starting with Him.

Lindsay said...

Have a GREAT fall! God will continue to mold you and change you into the beautiful creation you were made to be ... and I'm excited to see and read all about it as you start each day with HIM! :)

Pam D said...

Oh my! All that busy in your life and still, you found time to visit my photoblog and comment. Thank you! Your blog (and children, and life..)is lovely.. clean, simple and inviting. And your photography is stunning. God's blessings on your new job; if I were the little girls' momma, I would be quite happy for them to spend time with you!