"We have never been called to define God, we have been called to behold Him." - Abraham Joshua Heschel

Moment in Time Photography - Blog

August 28, 2009

WOW!

Gotta love it when God just plops the thing you've ben praying for in your lap.
For the past 6 to 8 months on and off, sometimes more off than on (and sometimes so desperately it hurts), I have been asking God to place someone in my life who I could get to know on a deeper level, someone who I would allow to get to know ME on a deeper level. A person to pray with and maybe read the bible with. Someone to walk in faith with, to be accountable to.
Last night, out of the blue, another mom from church called to find out if I would be interested in doing the 'Jesus, the One and Only' bible study with her...just her. Honestly? I didn't even think about it, I just said yes.
It's what I've been praying for and I am so incredibly thankful that she called me. She could have called someone else, someone she knows better, someone she's done a study with before. Instead, she choose to pick up the phone and ask me.
I am very excited. The study looks great and I am even more excited to get to know her and to let her know me.
God is AWESOME!!
* * * * * * * *
Lots to share, it's been an incredible week, this week of mine. And I am beyond blessed by it.
But there are 5 kids resting in my house today instead of 3 and I think I hear one or two starting to stir!
I will share, it just might take a day or two!

6 comments:

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

That is so wonderful katarina! -And I really know what you mean. It's hard to feel lonely - or like you are always on the outside if close circles of women.

I have heard great things about that study too. I look forward to hearing how it all goes!

Wow - busy at your house! :)

I love you more than sunshine! said...

Katrina I am soo happy for you. God bless your friendship and your study together.

Dorothy said...

Katie, I know what you're saying. I have found a friend like that too and it's such a blessing. Let me know how the study goes; we're starting "The Discipline of Grace" but will be looking for another study in a few months.

And, I love that picture of your kids up there!

Lezlie said...

Very cool... don't you just LOVE when God does that?!
Blessings my friend,

Lindsay said...

so excited for you!

GOD is so good like that!

Enjoy this new blessing He's given ~ I know you will :)

AK said...

That is so great!!!!

I understand that "being desperate until it hurts" type of thing...I think you summed up for me what I was trying to tell you in a huge run on paragraph the other day in an email. LOL.

Thank you for sharing about God's goodness!