"We have never been called to define God, we have been called to behold Him." - Abraham Joshua Heschel

Moment in Time Photography - Blog

January 16, 2010

Happiness Runs

There are certain things that just make me happy,
fill me with gratitude.

I've found a few things this week, there were days when I have had to look long and hard to find them, but they have been there.

*finding a way to go for a walk with 5 kids
(all being pulled or pushed. . . it involved a sled, some fabric and my double stroller...)
(I was a little desperate to get O.U.T of the house come Wednesday!)

*plus 3 celcius in the middle of January
(that's vest weather!)

*melting snow and the smell of spring
(in the middle of January!! in Northern Ontario!!)

*friends that ask how you're doing, truly mean it and wait for the answer

*my new oven that bakes banana bread
*Owen's LOVE of baking, "Mommy dup"
("Mommy, dump" it means he wants to help)

*a husband that puts away laundry and watches the kids for 4 hours so I can get *out*

*the smell of fresh baked banana bread
(or blueberry muffins, or brownie, or white chocolate macadamia nut cookies)

*babysitting

This list could go on, I am so grateful for these blessings. They have all, at one point or another this week, put a smile on my face and caused me to stop and be truly thankful for what I have been given.

No comments: