"We have never been called to define God, we have been called to behold Him." - Abraham Joshua Heschel

Moment in Time Photography - Blog

February 05, 2009

Smiles

My messy little eater!
It's a sunshiney day here today.

The snow (the piles and piles and piles of snow) is melting, there is slush on the roads and driveways. I ran across the street to check the mail WITHOUT a jacket (and hat, mitts, neckwarmer, snowpants and boots).

A pot of chilli is simmering on the stove, there are pork chops in the fridge, waiting to get cooked, the children are napping and I, well, I am praising God that His mercies are new every morning.

This week has been filled with blessings. Tuesday I got a full hour to sit and read and be still. It was much needed and I felt SO much better after spending that time in the Word. It still makes my head spin when I realize how easy it is to shift perspective when I am looking outward at Him, rather than inward.

I have been travelling through the Psalms lately. I like them and I find that they are a good place to start when I have been away for too long. What an incredible reminder of all God is capable of and, of who God is.

I have also started journaling my prayers for my kids. I have gotten them each their own notebook and I sit and write out the prayers I am praying for them. I've done this for years for me (I find I am less distractable when I write) and figured it was time to start with the kids.

Hopefully your day is filled with sunshine and warmth!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

You'll thank yourself for journaling :)

I think I'll be over for dinner ... is there enough? :)

Happy Thursday!

Courtney and the Boys said...

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting on my "silly" picture entry. :)

Let me just say...I LOVE your blog! I am dabbling in photography, desperately need to learn my Photoshop Elements program, and I am in love with the stars. Hope you don't mind, but I think I'll stick around!

Courtney