"We have never been called to define God, we have been called to behold Him." - Abraham Joshua Heschel

Moment in Time Photography - Blog

February 13, 2009

A {slightly large} Quartet

Fridays, the kids and I head to a friend's house for a playdate and a time of prayer. It's great. There can be up to 20 kids running around upstairs while the moms connect with one another. I am treasuring it.
Today, being the day before Valentine's, one of the other mom's surprised us with singing. Her husband, is part of a quratet that goes around singing a set of four accapella songs for people the day of and day before Valentine's. They are REALLY good, and I don't know about the rest of the ladies there, but it sure made me feel special!
Listening to the wonderful voices

Even {some of}the little boys were into it
Troy surprised me yesterday by saying that I could go out and look at digital cameras. He decided that we would probably end up spending a small fortune on film and processing in the next five months so it would be smart just to buy the camera now. And let me tell you, I am in love!!! I'm SO excited and have taken close to 70 pictures since 9pm last night. I ended up choosing the Nikon D40.
Tomorrow we are thinking of taking the kids to the Voyageur Winter Carnival out at Fort William Historical Park. I think they will have fun, it'll be a GREAT way for them to run off some pent up steam, it's not supposed to be fridgid AND I can play with my camera!
Monday is a holiday here, called Family Day. So what better way to spend the day, then drive (the 3 minutes) to the airport to pick up my mom. The kids don't know she is coming because I didn't feel like dealing with the continuous "Is she here yet?" "Can we pick her up yet?" questions that are sure to arise. So I'm going to the airport with Owen and bringing her home to the other kids.
Hope your weekend is filled with smiles and hearts and love (and maybe a little bit of chocolate or flowers too)

No comments: