"We have never been called to define God, we have been called to behold Him." - Abraham Joshua Heschel

Moment in Time Photography - Blog

April 18, 2011

Yah....He is the I AM

I love that God knows what I need.

That He is loyal and trustworthy.

That He is stronger than anything I may find myself in.

I fell into God's arms last night, filled with peace at the timing of a note facebooked to me. I needed, truly, soul-deep, needed to hear what was said.

It caused me to stop and praise God for how He is working even when I cannot see it. Even as I sit and pour my heart out to Him, laying the fear and worry before His throne of grace.

As I learn to parent each phase of childhood I often find that I run into road bumps that I am not sure how to work through, areas that I just can't figure out how to *fix*.

It's in those moments, that I realize it really isn't up to me to fix it. That God knows my child's heart, for He is the one who formed it, and it is up to God to change the heart, not me.

I forget that some days. The days where it seems like it is one thing after another and I wonder if they are EVER going to hear me, ever going to get it. Days where I wonder if I am speaking to a brick wall, or saying it all in my head!

But God knows where these kids He has blessed me with are headed. Where they will go and where He will lead them. So I lay down the fears and worry (at least temporarily) at His feet and trust that He will work in His time, in His way through whatever circumstances He ordains to draw my kids to Him and work in their hearts.

I pray for that end, and am thankful for notes that let give me a glimpse of what God is doing in the lives of these little ones.

No comments: