"We have never been called to define God, we have been called to behold Him." - Abraham Joshua Heschel

Moment in Time Photography - Blog

February 05, 2011

Light in a World of Dark

Seeking light in a world of dark, joy amidst hopelessness.

It's not meant to be easy, free from pain. For if it were, would I cling to Him? Would I be willing to see evidence of God in a life surrounded by easy?

Then the darkness preys on insecurities rooted deep, my heart recoils and spirit cringes, whimpering for a lifeline of light to lead me through.

For in my strength alone I would fail!

Oh that God would use my weakness for His glory.

It's not so much that I wish the darkness would disappear completely (not gonna lie, that would be nice!), it's that I want to learn how to live through it so it no longer controls my life, I long to find joy in the midst of it, to trust my Saviour completely regardless of where I am at, what I am feeling.

I want Christ's Light to shine from the midst of the deepest, darkest days and bring hope to those around me.

I want to live what I believe even when I stumble, fall and need others to remind me of that belief.

And I want all that because Christ is enough - more than enough - for the deepest struggles, darkest days and wounded hearts of those that bow before Him. I want others to know that He is enough for them, for their pasts, for their secrets, for their wounds rooted deep.

Because if God, in His mercy, can work in and through me He can rescue and change the hearts of anyone.

No comments: