"We have never been called to define God, we have been called to behold Him." - Abraham Joshua Heschel

Moment in Time Photography - Blog

March 06, 2010

My life in the past 24 hours

Two nights ago I woke up puking, lovely, I know. I had thought I had managed to escaspe it, seeing as my kids had it a week to a week and a half ago. Apparently not, appaarently it was just laying in wait to ambush me at some unexpected time, and boy did it ever! It's been awhile since I felt so crummy.

I love Troy though, am so incredibly thankful for him. He took a sick day yesterday and stayed home with the kids. That was exactly what I needed, as I slept almost all day, I think I was awake for maybe a total of 6 hours in 24...maybe, but that might be stretching it. My super husband even took all three kids out to McDonald's Playplace for dinner to give me some more quiet time. I am so thnkaful for him. Thankful that he is taking the kids swimming this morning so I can rest a little bit more.

I am feeling better, just have no energy (not eating in a day and a half will do that to you!) and a headache that is boarding on a migrane (love those!)

Not exactly how I was planning on spending my birthday weekend. There had been plans for dinner out and a movie and just time to hang out with eachother as a family. But you know what, Being knocked flat on my back has forced me to take help (which I'm not very good at) and let someone else do the things that I normally do on a regular basis.

I had to giggle to myself as I listened to the little voices yesterday as Troy was getting ready to get Anthony off to the school bus. It took a lot of effort on my part to NOT comment and put my two cents in!

Today is sunny and warm, 8 degrees C and I am so excited, this warm weather and sunshine is breathing new life into my soul and I am thankful. I love the smell of spring and the sound of the snowwater melting and trickling down the sidewalk and off the side of the house.

I find that I am washing snowsuits almost everyday as they are drenched and covered in mud by the time we find our way back inside, but it is worth every minute of extra work to be out in the sunshine and enjoying a life outdoors. I don't remember the last time that March in Northern Ontario was this warm, but I for one, am NOT taking it for granted. We have been living outside this past week.

My tummy is telling me it's hungry so I am off to find food and maybe have another short little nap before the big kids come home from swimming lessons. My mother in law is here watching Owen so I cna get some rest. I am thankful for that too.

Lots of blessings, even in the midst of feeling crummy. And I am so thankful for them.

3 comments:

Lezlie said...

Awww... that's no fun on your birthday weekend! I was going to give you a call this morning, but since you're likely napping, I'll pass for now. I hope you're feeling better today and that you have a great day celebrating with your family!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! It's about time you hit 30!

Lindsay said...

Darn it anyway ... so sorry you got so sick!
Praying you're all better now ... chasing after that rambunctious group of yours :)

Blessings ~

AK said...

Sorry you are sick...not fun. I really hope no one else catches it here...I didn't know it could come around that long after. Here's hoping. Its been since Saturday since I had to clean up puke and other "stuff". I am very VERY thankful for a washing machine! 3 1/2 days of mess it got a lot of use!

Hope you are feeling better...