"We have never been called to define God, we have been called to behold Him." - Abraham Joshua Heschel

Moment in Time Photography - Blog

December 31, 2009

Happy New Year

I wrote this post about this time last year. As I was reading it through, it was amazing to see the way God has been using the things that have been happening over the last 12 months to draw me closer to Him, to become my everything.
This year has been filled with ups and downs and there were times I leaned on Him and there were times when I choose not to.
I have learned and grown so much this year and it is all because of His faithfulness to me.
There have been a few songs and verses that have impacted me this last year;
Acts 3:19
"Therefore, repent and return, so that your sins may be wiped away, in order that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord."
1 Peter 1:8
"though you have not seen Him, you love Him, and even though you do not see Him now, but believe in Him, you greatly rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory."
and the songs;
Casting Crowns - "As far as the East is from the West" (or something like that, I am horrible at remembering the actual names!)
Casting Crowns - "Glorious Day" (off their new album)
Travis Cottrell - "Victory in Jesus"
In this coming year, 2010, I can only pray that God will continue to work in my life like He has worked in 2009. That I will be open and willing to submit to Him, that the joy and peace I have been blessed with this year, will remain - even in the midst of struggles that 2010 is sure to hold.
I pray that God will use my attempts at mothering *well* (or not so well most days) to draw my kids to Him, that they will see Him for Who He is, and not in the reflection my life shows some days.
I am praying that your 2010 is filled with grace and joy and peace and a drawing near to God, even in the midst of the unknown. That there may be a boldness and a confidence in Him.
Happy New Year!!
"but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory, both now and to the day of eternity. Amen." 2 Peter 3:18

No comments: