"We have never been called to define God, we have been called to behold Him." - Abraham Joshua Heschel

Moment in Time Photography - Blog

June 02, 2008

What a Week

This past week has been good. We are slowly starting to get into a routine and Anthony and Alexandra are still managing to get some mom time as Owen is good at sleeping (even when the noise level reaches that of a jet engine!). I am feeling human again, thankfully. Largely in part to the sleepign habits of little boys and also because my face has been showing HUGE signs of improvement. It is far from perfect but I no longer feel like things aren't right (which makes me much less aware of it) and my eye is no lonrger 'bugging' which means that I don't feel tired all the time. I am so thankful that the Bell's Palsy is healing faster than I thought possible, and even if , for some reason, it doesn't get any better than this, I would be o.k with that.

This past week we have had wonderful families/ladies from our church stopping by with dinner for us every night. We have been SO incredibly spoiled. All the meals have been delicious and my kids have even eaten bits and pieces of them all (which is a HUGE accomplishment in a of itself! Anthony exclaimed that the homemade pizza we had Friday night was "THE BEST EVER!") Having the meals has beena huge relief as it means that after trying to corral three kids all day I don't have to think about what to cook for dinner when I am tired and exhausted and about ready to lose it! A BIG THANK YOU to everyone who has provided us with food over the last little while. It means a lot to us.

My mom comes in tomorrow night and is staying for a week. I am SO very excited to see her. The kids are looking forward to it as well. Anthony is hoping that Grandma will take him swimming and push him on the swing.
It was so cute this morning, I had the phone in the backyard and Alexandra kept coming over to it, picking it up to talk and saying "hi granma" so we called my mom so the kids could talk!!

Troy's mom is leaving for Scottland on Wednesday for 3 months. She is going to visit her daughter and her family who live over there. It will be her first time on a plane! She is looking forward to going. It will definately be different for our kids to not have her around, they have seen a lot of her lately, and they have enjoyed it. We are all hoping tha tshe has a great time (and that the plane ride from Thunder Bay to Toronto goes well so she will actually get on the plane from Toronto to Scottland......she's just a little clausterphobic!)

I will have some more pictures to post soon! Owen is growing like a weed, he was 7lbs 15oz on Thursday (he gained 10oz in 5 days!). Tomorrow is our next midwife appointment so we will see how big he has gotten since Thursday!

No comments: