"We have never been called to define God, we have been called to behold Him." - Abraham Joshua Heschel

Moment in Time Photography - Blog

June 18, 2008

Sigh...

Yesterday, where to begin. Yesterday was rough. I was fresh out of patience and Troy took that day to get sick (so he slept on the couch all day......I was just a little bitter!) BUT after a lovely evening at Montana's with 'the girls' (THANKS GIRLS!) I felt SO much better and today I am actually able to function in the capacity of 'good mommy'! It's amazing what some time away from the house (without kids) will do for one's sanity. I also tend to forget (in the midst of the chaos and zero tolerance level) that His Grace is all I need to help me be the mommy I want to be to my kids.

Yesterday Anthony also went to the Eye Dr. for the first time. He was a little nervous and wanted me to do everything first (which was fine seeing as I had booked an appointment for me at the same time!) He did super well and thankfully does not need glasses, he has perfect vision right now. YAY! I really did not want to have to deal with the glasses thing this early on (although he will probably need them at some point, given that both Troy and I have been wearing them for a long while!)

Today we (the kids and I) take Owen to the midwife for his (gasp) 1 month appointment, so we will see just how big our little piggy has gotten, I'm guessing around 9lbs but we will know for sure in a couple of hours. I'm not sure where the last month has gone. In many ways I feel like I just brought him home from the hospital. The weeks have just disappeared and I've totally lost track. Owen smiled last week for the first time, at something Anthony was doing with him. Anthony was thrilled that his little brother smiled at him. I am SO incredbily thankful that all my kids get along really well (yes they have their little spats but what kids don't?) and they can play together without a lot of interference from me (at least most days).

Well, seeing as it is not supposed to rain today, I should go and hang some clothes on the line so that they have a hope of drying before naptime (Alexandra's blankie is in that load!)

No comments: