"We have never been called to define God, we have been called to behold Him." - Abraham Joshua Heschel

Moment in Time Photography - Blog

April 18, 2012

"When words become unclear...."


I sit here watching the rain pour outside my window and I a thankful that it is rain and not snow! It is dark and dreary but that's OK.

I am finding life overwhelming lately. I walk past the kitchen and see the dishes piled high and want to cry, the laundry...well, I can wade through the piles in the laundry room and thankful that my children have so many clothes!


None of those jobs are hard, none of them take very much time and yet it overwhelms me. So I let it sit and it gets worse which only adds to the feeling!


But I got out last night after dinner. Just me and my camera and got some pictures of life just happening. It made me feel some what better.

I love the God has given me a joy in looking at life through the lens of a camera. It is so much easier for me to see beauty and joy and life when I look through a lens and I am grateful for that.

I can't believe that April is speeding by. I am starting to think of a birthday party idea for Owen. 4...WOW. I still have a hard time wrapping my mind around the fact that my baby is turning 4 this year. He is changing and growing by the day and it is wonderful to be able to watch as he masters a new skill, or tries out his independence in some way.

God's grace abounds everyday and despite the overwhelming-ness, I know I am secure. I know I am loved. I know I am taken care of. For I know Who's I am.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Amazing photos ... Simply amazing! Cheering you on friend ... This life we live is filled with blessings and lucky (blessed) us we can capture it with photos!

Lindsay said...

Ps ... What lens do you use ? Your banner one is amazing!