"We have never been called to define God, we have been called to behold Him." - Abraham Joshua Heschel

Moment in Time Photography - Blog

October 22, 2011

Oh the Irony....

I write a post on trusting and the very. next. day., I walk into the kitchen notice something on the table and my stomach drops and I am faced with a choice.

Do I let fear take over (again) or do I trust?

So I called a friend and asked for prayer, then curled up in a ball on the floor and cried. It was at about that time that I could hear God speaking to my heart, to pull myself together and worship Him.

The song that popped into my head instantly?

How Great Thou Art.
"Then sings my soul, my saviour God to thee. How great thou art, how great thou art."

And I have been singing it for 2 days now. (although this evening there is a abc song stuck in my head from the kids cd in the car...but I digress)

Because its truth.

And "When darkness veils His lovely face I rest on His unchanging grace". Yet another hymn that has been lifted up. Because those words speak to my soul right now. That no matter where I am, His grace is unchanging and He knows what is happening and what He is doing.

So trust....

It is a choice daily by the minute. And when I want to fall back to fear, to anger, I will instead lift songs of praise and fill my heart with Truth.

For when my soul is spilling over in truth, the trust comes, filling me with the softness of peace and rest.

No comments: