"We have never been called to define God, we have been called to behold Him." - Abraham Joshua Heschel

Moment in Time Photography - Blog

July 29, 2009

Family

"Love doesn't make the world go 'round. It is what makes the ride worthwhile.""Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future, and time future contained in time past."
T.S Elliot
"The greatest thing you can ever learn is just to love and be loved in return."
"From what we get we make a living. What we give however, makes a life."
Arthur Ashe
" People who influence you are the people who believe in you."
Henry Drummond

Family.

There is nothing like going *home*.

Although Toronto is no longer home (at least in the sense of where I am raising my family), I still feel very much like I am going home when we visit.

There's just something about being around your Mom and Dad (and in my case brothers), that make it feel like I never left, like I'm allowed to be the *kid* again.

I was spoiled on this trip. I didn't cook or clean, heck, I barely even looked after the kids! There was always someone else who was willing to play with them and entertain them and make them fell extra special. And that is the blessing of home for me. There is nothing to worry about.

The kids got to visit Deda and Grandma (my mom and dad), Uncle Stefan and Uncle Eric, Gigi (my grandmother) and various other aunts and uncles and cousins of mine. And they soaked up every minute of it.

I love family. I am super blessed to have such a wonderful one. And that is why we drive 1600ish km every (almost) summer to visit them. Because they are SO very worth it, and we never come away from it feeling empty, but so full.


2 comments:

AK said...

Glad you made it home okay!

I hope that all goes well as you pack up for your next adventure! I'll be in touch wanting to know how that all goes when you get back!

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

I can relate to so much of this!! We just got home from visiting MY family a couple of weeks ago and I felt the same way you did - so taken care of! :)

I'm really glad you had such a wonderful time! I love the pictures and quotes.