"We have never been called to define God, we have been called to behold Him." - Abraham Joshua Heschel

Moment in Time Photography - Blog

March 29, 2011

Beauty from Ashes

The quiet is welcome tonight. I find that in the midst of processing, of learning, of growing, that there is often not much quiet in which to sit and let what I am learning sink in and take root.
 I am loving the book One Thousand Gifts and it is truly making an impact in my life....for the better.
It is hard to live life frustrated and impatient when you take a minute to see where you are as a gift and the things that are happening as a gift and to give thanks for that.


I am growing in God so much and I am thankful for how He is changing me, emptying me of myself and drawing me to Him. 
 It is only because of what God is doing in my life that I CAN give thanks for the moments, that I can find the patience and the peace and the JOY in my life, even when those feelings are not there.
 I am thankful for bread machines (and apple cinnamon raisin bread yummy) and being woken before the sun. Crock pots and moments interrupted by little kids needing and wanting and calling. I am thankful for budgets and husbands and the way that God works through those things to build a marriage.
 There are signs of spring, slowly, starting to bloom. Snow is melting, ground is turning to muck, the air has a dampness to it that smells of spring.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

LOVE this post ... so real and alive ... and the pictures capture life perfectly!

The wedding pics were GORGEOUS!! :)

And your post that was written long ago - speaks volumes to my heart too!

Thanks for being you ... someday, we WILL meet and we'll enjoy a face to face chat about LIFE!

A Cup Bearer said...

You have a precious heart, sweet one. Keep writing -- and seeking this Lover of your soul...

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

These photos are so gorgeous! -Like your very own 1000 gifts...