"We have never been called to define God, we have been called to behold Him." - Abraham Joshua Heschel

Moment in Time Photography - Blog

November 03, 2010

The opening lines to a song (whose name I cannot recall) go something like:

"There's a peace I've come to know. Though heart and flesh may fail, there's and anchor for my soul.....(something something something) It is well."

And that peace fills me.

Strengthens me.

Allows me to rest in Him when the world is screaming at me to run.

God's peace truly is a peace that passes all understanding.

In the midst of where we are walking right now, there is no earthly reason for the peace that covers like a blanket. Yet it's there. Settled deep within my soul and when I let it, it colours my perspective with Him.

God's working and moving and teaching and providing and doing all sorts of things (exceedingly, abundantly, far beyond all I can think or imagine) and I am waiting with anticipation to see what HE is going to bring about.

For it's not my own strength that I am leaning on, and it is not my ability that provides me with rest.

This place, of peace and rest and inklings of joy, are gifts from my Heavenly Father and I am floored by His love and care for me and my family.
("Who am I and what is my family that you have brought us this far?" David speaking to God somewhere in the Old Testament.....like my "ability" to memorize scripture *cough*?)

2 comments:

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

LOVE those glimpses of joy. And that peace - the peace that those who do not walk with Jesus just can not understand.

I am so glad to hear that you are basking in that today!

Lezlie said...

'I will rise' Chris Tomlin

Awesome song... praying for you :)