"We have never been called to define God, we have been called to behold Him." - Abraham Joshua Heschel

Moment in Time Photography - Blog

September 16, 2011

Catching Up


The last *official* weekend of summer, as in school started the next week, was filled to overflowing with friends and adventures.
I wasn't really in the mood to do anything, but knew that the kids and Troy would not want to be cooped up in the house all weekend long because mommy was being crabby. 
SO....  
 

 We accepted an invitation out to a friends camp/cottage (whatever you want to call it) to hang out for the afternoon/evening.
 There was fishing and boat rides and hot dogs over a fire.
  There was laughter and silliness.
 And skies threatening rain.
It was a wonderful day and despite not being in the mood to be around people, I am glad that we went. It was much needed by us all.


Seeing as the Monday was a holiday, we (as usual) ended up out at Hymer's Fair with friends. We always go first thing in the morning and are ready to leave just as it is starting to get busy. Which is just about perfect for our family!


Good friends trying out the mini-stilts!





























Tuesday was a PA day so school didn't start until Wednesday. But, this is what the kids got for their first day of school breakfast.

I figured I would make it exciting for them!

Anthony going into gr.2 and Alexandra starting S.K
(notice their faces...they are trying not to laugh because they are both on tip-toe to be taller!)

Waiting for the school bus with kids I babysit. 
Yup......that's my daughter!
And my son!!





Off to school they go!

They are enjoying themselves so much.

The weather is turning cool and fall is definately in the air.

There was frost on the ground this morning with temperatures below zero. 

I love this time of year. The crispness of the air, the smell of the leaves and they fall and crunch along the sides of the roads (and let's not forget the arriving of the pumpkin spice latte at Starbucks....:)!!)


Sometimes, something surprises you and you have a choice. To become bitter, angry and 

hurt, or to lean on God and trust that He is in control of everything. 
The second choice isn't always (or ever) easy. But it is the best choice. So I will continue to remind myself that God knows what He is doing and I am held tight in His hands. 

These past two weeks have been full of remembering to trust, to rest in and surrender to God. I know where we are is good. I have said it before and I will say it again: where we are is good because God is good.

But there are times, if I am being honest, where I want to scream and yell and throw a nice little fit. Where I am just d.o.n.e with everything and I want to know when enough is enough.


I am SO very thankful that my God allows me the freedom to bring my frustration to Him. That He lets me work it out with Him and reminds me that He is in control so I don't have to be (oh but sometimes it is so hard to give up that control, to let Him lead when I am fearful of following).


I know that the surprises of this past week are of NO surprise to God and that just because a door was closed....well, that means that there is something even better in store of us. 


It is just a matter of waiting on God's timing. 


He will (and has) provide for our family. It may not be in the way we are expecting or (maybe wanting) but He knows our needs and He will not abandon us.


So despite the frustration that sometimes boils over, at the end of the day I will thank my God for all that He is doing in my life and the life of our family. 


I will thank Him for saying no when we were *sort of* certain that the answer was going to be yes. I trust that in the no answer, there is a chance for His glory to be displayed to those around us.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

beautiful pictures ... God is at work in and through you - count on his blessings to overflow through your life! :)